Stuart Armstrong opens Scotland account in win against Lithuania

Volume 5 - A Dance with Dragons
soksophoan
Scudiero

Stuart Armstrong opens Scotland account in win against Lithuania

Messaggioda soksophoan » 16/11/2017, 8:31

Immagine
Scotland kept their World Cup hopes alive following a convincing victory, with manager ผลบอลสด Gordon Strachan describing their performance in Vilnius as “phenomenal” and the best of his time in charge of the national team.The Celtic midfielder Stuart Armstrong scored his first goal for his country with a header from a Leigh Griffiths corner before Andy Robertson curled in a glorious second. James McArthur made it 3-0 from close range late in the second half to clinch three Group F points.

After seven qualifiers, Strachan’s men have 11 points, four behind second-placed Slovakia, who beat Slovenia 1-0. Scotland moved above Slovenia into third and play Malta at Hampden Park on Monday before hosting Slovakia and travelling to Slovenia in what will be two tense games in October.“I hoped and believed we would get a result but to ผลบอลสด play as well as that was terrific,” Strachan said. “Other teams have come here [and struggled]. Slovenia drew 2-2, Slovakia got a 2-1 – they very rarely get beat by a big margin. Even England had a problem trying to put them away.

“We have put up some great performances against Germany and Croatia but in terms of pure football that was as good as it gets from my time. The guys were phenomenal. I am really pleased, the fact that at one point I could become a spectator to enjoy the football. It is not often you can do that as a manager but that was the performance that allowed us to do that. It is getting to be an exciting end to the group stages which, a couple of months ago, we didn’t see that.”After a minute’s silence before kick-off as tribute to the Lithuania press officer Vaiva Zizaite, who died recently, Scotland slowly set about their task on the artificial surface that had been heavily watered.ผลบอลสด

Torna a “I Guerrieri del Ghiaccio - I Fuochi di Valyria - La Danza dei Draghi”